Building your Funding Strategy – Interactive Hands on Clinic
Future Dates for 2018 will be posted soon!
For many years we have advocated that the largest risk to community banking is funding your potential growth with a reasonable cost. With many banks and credit unions experiencing strong loan growth, concerns are rising regarding future growth restrictions and liquidity issues. A comprehensive funding strategy is part of a strong capital plan that supports your plans for loan and asset growth.
As deposit rate pressures are rising from the Federal Reserve and competitor actions, the need for a plan on managing funding has never been greater. Depositor concentrations, age and locational demographics, relationship levels and other such factors have a great influence on future funding stability. At the same time, many institutions set lofty growth goals, but often walk away from loan opportunities due to liquidity and interest rate risk concerns in those products. The market remains strong for good borrowers demanding longer terms and fixed rate products. What’s the real concern over making these loans? Apprehension over managing the funding costs if you meet the loan conditions the borrower demand!
This 1 ½ day interactive, hands-on FARIN clinic will combine case and lecture examples with your own actual institution data to help you formulate a plan for assessing the funding needs of your institution to:
- Define ways to meet most desirable asset demands,
- Leverage your core deposit results\assumptions for improved financial performance,
- Assess product and pricing strategies for each funding sector
- Manage funding costs and risk management needs
Our objective is to help you define specific product growth and development goals to support your longer range asset and capital growth needs.
- Review\Build Financial Goals
- Review core funding results – using effective duration to review “gaps”
- Determine required funding growth
- Review of deposit performance by sector
- Product offerings audit
- Pricing history, rules
- Planned product growth
- Opportunities, risks
- Role of non-core funding sources
- Reconcile funding plan with liquidity contingency plan
- Stress testing the funding plan, building a rolling contingency plan
- How to monitor the funding plan
Program Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Advanced Preparation: Farin Consultant will contact you regarding data requirements.
Who Should Attend: Senior Management Team responsible for Financial or Funding Decisions
Registration & Pricing Information:
If you are interested in this workshop please complete the interest form below and someone will be in contact with you to discuss pricing and dates available.
If you have questions about this clinic Contact Ches Marks at: 800.236.3724 x4249 or email@example.com